The TRAKTOR Playlists Favorites bar at the top of TRAKTOR's Browser allows for quick access to a set of up to 12 default or customized Playlists. However, you may experience the following issues with Favorites:
- After you ran the TRAKTOR Setup Wizard, your customized Favorite Playlists have been replaced by default Playlists.
- After you imported a TRAKTOR Settings file from another system, there appear new Favorites with broken references to non-existing Playlists in your Collection. This is characterized by a red "x" next to the Playlist name.
Note: In order to visualize the Favorites bar, make sure that the option Show Playlist Favorites in TRAKTOR Preferences > Browser Details is enabled.
Proceed with any of the following methods in order to restore your Favorite Playlists:
Restoring Single Playlists via Drag-and-Drop
If you wish to restore single Playlists, follow the steps below:
- Select the Playlist you wish to restore from the TRAKTOR's Browse Tree
- Hold your mouse down and drag the Playlist onto the slot where you wish the Playlist to be added to the Favorites, then release the mouse button. The Favorite slot has now been replaced with the correct Playlist.
Completely Restoring the Playlist Favorites from a Backup
If all your Favorites are missing or referencing broken Playlist links, you can restore the entirety of the Playlist Favorites bar from a backup:
- Open the TRAKTOR Preferences.
- Click on Import at the very bottom of the Preferences window
- Navigate to the Settings Backup folder in your TRAKTOR Root Directory. The default paths are as follows:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > User > *Your Username* > Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor 2.x.x > Backup > Settings
- Windows : Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor 2.x.x > Backup > Settings
Note: TRAKTOR PRO 2 creates a new Root Directory with every update. Make sure you are opening the Root Directory which carries the version number of your current TRAKTOR installation.
- The backup file is named according to its creation date. Select a backup file whose creation date predates the date where your Favorites went missing.
- Once you have located and selected the right file, click Open.
- A dialog box will appear, asking you to Select Categories to Import. Uncheck all but the Favorites checkbox, then confirm with OK.