When sharing a MASCHINE project with different computers, you may receive a missing samples dialog when opening the project on the second computer even if the respective sample directories are already installed. To resolve this issue, tag your personal sample directories via an Alias, thus allowing MASCHINE to find all project samples.
- Open MASCHINE's Preferences and go to the User tab in the Library section.
- Add your custom sample directories by clicking on the Add button.
- Specify the location of your custom samples folders on your hard drive. In this example these folders are named User Samples A and User Samples B. Click Choose.
- Now that your custom directories are listed in the User Paths list, double-click in the Alias area of each entry and type in a new alias name. Below, we have named the aliases My Samples A and My Samples B.
- Repeat the procedure on the second computer, making sure you use exactly the same Alias for your user sample directories.
Now different computers can access the correct library samples even if the absolute paths are different on each system.