In this article you will learn how to load the X1 template for Serato Scratch Live 2. As a result, you will be able control Serato with your X1 controller. You can find a list of all knob and button assignments of the X1 Template in the section 5.2 Serato Scratch LiveTM 2 of the Controller Editor Template Documentation English. This document is located in the Controller Editor's Documentation folder.
Setting Up Controller Editor
- Make sure the latest version of the Controller Editor for your computer's operating system is installed. You can download the latest versions of Controller Editor via Service Center or from the DRIVERS & OTHER FILES section on the NI website.
- Connect the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 to the computer and open the Controller Editor software.
- In the Templates tab, click Edit > Append and choose the Serato Scratch Live 2.2 template from the drop-down menu.
Setting Up Serato Scratch Live 2
- Make sure you have the latest updates for your Serato Scratch Live 2 software. Please visit the manufacturer's website for more information.
- Copy the file "SSL2.2_X1.xml" from the following folder:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Instruments > Controller Editor > Template Support Files > "SSL Mapping"
- Windows: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > Controller Editor > Template Support Files > "SSL Mapping"
- Paste the copied file into the following folder:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Music > ScratchLIVE > "MIDI"
- Windows: C: > Users > *Your User Name* > My Music > ScratchLIVE > "MIDI"
Note: If the MIDI folder does not exist inside the ScratchLIVE directory you have to manually create it.
Loading the MIDI Mapping in Serato Scratch Live 2
- Open Serato Scratch Live 2.
- Click on Setup at the top of the screen.
- Go to the MIDI tab.
- Select the entry SSL2.2_X1 in the MIDI Presets.
- Confirm by clicking Load.