Since MASCHINE 1.8.1 and Controller Editor 1.5.1, Native Instruments has introduced the new Host Transport Control feature. When MASCHINE is running as a plug-in in a host sequencer, you can split the control elements on your controller so that the transport buttons control your sequencer via MIDI while all other control elements still control the MASCHINE plug-in instance. Please check the MASCHINE MK2 Reference Manual for more information. The Reference Manual is located in the Documentation folder within the MASCHINE programm folder on your system hard drive. In order to use the new Host Transport Control feature within Ableton Live, please follow these steps:
- Launch Ableton Live and insert MASCHINE as an instrument plug-in.
- Open the Controller Editor application.
- In the Controller Editor, load a Mackie Control template by clicking on the Edit button and selecting it.
- Enable Host Transport Control.
- Go to the Ableton Live Preferences.
- Select the MIDI Sync tab. In the Control Surface field, select MackieControl.
- If you are using the MASCHINE MK1 controller please select Maschine Controller Virtual Input under Input.
- If you are using the MASCHINE MK2 controller please select Maschine MK2 Virtual Input under Input.
- Close the Preferences window. You can now use the Host Transport Mode to control Ableton Live's transport section.
Note: In MASCHINE mode, the Erase, Restart, Step (Left/Right) functions are not available.