You can safely install KOMPLETE 8 and KORE 2 / KORE PLAYER on the same computer. The latest KORE 2.1.4 update is required though.
Please note: It is mandatory to install KOMPLETE 7 or other KORE-compatible products before updating to KOMPLETE 8. You will not be able to use all KoreSounds when you only install KORE 2 / KORE PLAYER and KOMPLETE 8 on a fresh system.
The following use cases will work without affecting the operation of any product:
- Existing DAW projects that contain instances of KORE 2 / KORE 2 PLAYER and former Native Instruments product versions will be recalled correctly. Everything will work and sound as expected.
- Any DAW project can include KORE 2 / KORE 2 PLAYER plug-in instances in coexistence with any plug-in versions installed with KOMPLETE 8.
- You can still load and use all KoreSounds that are visible in the KORE 2 / KORE 2 PLAYER browser after the installation of KOMPLETE 8. This means you can load all KoreSounds you had in the browser before, only excluding those based on REAKTOR, until the KORE 2.1.3 update. After the update, all your KoreSounds are usable again.
- You can still create new KoreSounds using ABSYNTH, FM8, GUITAR RIG, KONTAKT, MASSIVE and REAKTOR by loading them as VST plug-ins inside KORE 2. Note that during this process the integrated engines of KORE 2 are used unless the Bypass Integrated Engines option is activated. For more information on this feature, please refer to the Kore 2 Manual Addendum.
- Loading existing KoreSounds that are based on POWERED BY KONTAKT is possible. If you want to create new KoreSounds with a POWERED BY KONTAKT library, just make sure to use KONTAKT 5 / KONTAKT 5 PLAYER inside of KORE 2 instead of using KONTAKT 4.
The following specific use case will not work after the installation of KOMPLETE 8:
- Sounds that have been created and saved with one of the new single product versions included in KOMPLETE 8 (e.g. MASSIVE 1.3.0 or FM8 1.2.0) cannot be loaded in KORE 2. This means e.g. that it is not possible to create a sound with the MASSIVE version included in KOMPLETE 8 and load it via the KORE 2 browser afterwards. However, e.g. you can create new MASSIVE based sounds in KORE by loading Massive as a VST plug-in. Note that during this process the integrated engines of KORE 2 are used unless the Bypass Integrated Engines option is activated. For more information on this feature, please refer to the Kore 2 Manual Addendum.