Note: The TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 / S5 / D2 default mappings cannot be edited and therefore the Override factory map option is not available. Conversely, the Override factory mapping function is not required in the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 default mapping, since its assignments can be directly edited in the Assignment Table of TRAKTOR's Controller Manager.
The Override factory map function in TRAKTOR allows you to customize the controller mapping for your TRAKTOR KONTROL devices. This function replaces the assignments in the Default Mapping and enables you to map a button / fader / knob of your choice to another function. In this example, we will add a button for TRAKTOR`s Flux Mode to the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 controller.
- Open Traktor Preferences > Controller Manager and select the Default Mapping for your controller in the Device list, then click on Add In…
- Select the desired function you want to control, here we use Flux Mode On
- Click the Learn button, then press / move the button / fader / knob of your choice until you read the new assignment next to the Learn button. Confirm the assignment by clicking the Learn button again. In addition to this, check following settings:
- Assignment: Select the Deck you want to apply this function to.
- Interaction Mode: Choose the behaviour of the button / fader / knob according to your usecase.
Just like many other functions in TRAKTOR, the Flux Mode is available for each Deck and executed individually. Therefore, you may want to repeat the steps for the other Deck(s) in order to achieve a consistent control scheme.
Note: In our example, the Deck Select button on the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 now solely controls the Flux Mode. In some cases (e.g. opening the Advanced Panel when triggering Cue Points), it may be desirable to have the button / fader / knob control the default function and the newly added function simultaneously. To achieve this, untick the Override factory map checkbox in addition to the above steps.