Please follow the steps below in order to use MASCHINE's sampling feature within Ableton Live.
- Load an instance of the MASCHINE plug-in on a MIDI track.
- Set the output of the track you want to sample to the MASCHINE track.
- Click the Sample Editor button on the left of the Pattern Editor in MASCHINE and click the Record tab. Then select Ext. In the Input menu, select Input 1 L+R.
- If the track you want to sample is playing, you will see an amplitude on the level meter. Activate the monitor button to listen to the signal.
- Adjust the Threshold value. If the START button is activated, recording will start once the input level exceeds the threshold.
- Click STOP to stop recording. The recorded sample will appear in a small box below the waveform window. Each box can be dragged and dropped to your Sounds or be deleted by clicking the small X in the upper right corner of the box.