When starting your MASCHINE 2 software, the controller doesn't react as expected. In this case, its display remains black or displays "Maschine Groove Production".
This behavior can be caused by different factors. Click the possible causes one by one to be redirected to the corresponding troubleshooting steps below in the article.
- The MASCHINE software is not up to date.
- Enable the software to run as administrator
- The driver is not installed correctly
- There is an issue with the USB connection
Download and install the latest version of MASCHINE from the Not installed tab in Native Access. If your operating system does not support the latest software update, you can download an earlier compatible version from the Update Manager.
Note: The following procedure requires MASCHINE 2.6.9 (or higher). You can download the latest version of the MASCHINE software from the Not installed tab in Native Access.
- Ensure that your MASCHINE controller is disconnected and that neither the MASCHINE software, nor any other Native Instruments or audio application is running.
- Right-click on the MASCHINE 2 app and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, click on Advanced in the Shortcut tab.
- Enable the option Run as administrator in the Advanced Properties menu and confirm with OK.
- Click on Apply and then OK to confirm and leave the Properties
Note: Depending on your Windows Account Settings, you may receive a warning message. In this case, click on Continue to confirm the changes.
Now MASCHINE will always start with administrator rights, ensuring that the connection between the hardware and the software is established.
To make sure that the MASCHINE driver is installed correctly, follow the instructions in this article.
Use the original USB cable provided with your MASCHINE controller. If not available anymore, this article contains information which will help you choose a suitable USB cable.
If possible, always connect your MASCHINE controller directly to your computer's USB port. If you must use a USB-hub, make sure it has its own power supply.