This article explains how to add a Powered by KONTAKT Library by a third-party manufacturer to the KONTAKT Browser and how to activate it.
Note: If you wish to set up a KONTAKT Library provided by Native Instruments instead, read this article.
KONTAKT allows you to add third-party Powered By KONTAKT Libraries to the Browser. These libraries can also be used with the free KONTAKT 5 Player. Please check the third-party manufacturer's product page to find out if your Library is Powered By KONTAKT. You can find a selection of third-party Powered By Kontakt Libraries on our website.
To set up a third-party KONTAKT Library follow these steps:
- Install the latest version of KONTAKT 5 or KONTAKT 5 Player.
- Install the third-party KONTAKT Library.
Note: If you have questions about the installation process, please contact the Library's manufacturer support.
- Launch Native Access from the following location:
- Mac: Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Access
- Windows: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > Native Access
- Click Add a serial:
- Add the serial of your Library and click the ADD SERIAL button:
- Click the BROWSE button:
- Navigate to the Library folder. In our example we are adding EXHALE by Output. Confirm your selection by clicking Select Folder.
- Click INSTALL to finish the set up process.
- Open KONTAKT. The Library box will now appear in the Libraries Tab:
Your Library is now activated and ready to use.