When starting your KOMPLETE KONTROL software, the controller doesn't react as expected. In this case, its display remains black.
This behavior can be caused by different factors. Click the possible causes one by one to be redirected to the corresponding troubleshooting steps below in the article.
- The KOMPLETE KONTROL software is not up to date.
- Enable the software to run as administrator.
- There is an issue with the KOMPLETE KONTROL hardware.
Download and install the latest version of KOMPLETE KONTROL from the Not installed tab in Native Access. If your operating system does not support the latest software update, you can download an earlier compatible version from the Update Manager.
Note: The following procedure requires KOMPLETE KONTROL 1.9.0 (or higher). You can download the latest version of the KOMPLETE KONTROL software from the Not installed tab in Native Access.
- Ensure that your KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboard is powered off and that neither the KOMPLETE KONTROL software, nor any other Native Instruments or audio application is running.
- Right-click on the KOMPLETE KONTROL app and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, click on Advanced in the Shortcut tab.
- Enable the option Run as administrator in the Advanced Properties menu and confirm with OK.
- Click on Apply and then OK to confirm and leave the Properties.
Note: Depending on your Windows Account Settings, you may receive a warning message. In this case, click on Continue to confirm the changes.
Now KOMPLETE KONTROL will always start with administrator rights, ensuring that the connection between the hardware and the software is established.
To make sure that the KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboard itself is working correctly, follow the instructions in this article.