KONTAKT's Instrument volume is reset when you press play or stop in your host sequencer.
Some host sequencers are configured to send MIDI commands CC7 and CC10 when you press play or stop. KONTAKT can be configured to respond to these standardized commands to reset the loaded Instrument's volume.
Follow these steps to prevent KONTAKT from reacting your host sequencer's play / stop commands:
- Load an instance of KONTAKT in your host sequencer.
- Load an Instrument to KONTAKT's Rack.
- Press the wrench button on the upper left side of your KONTAKT Instrument.
- Click Instruments Options.
- In the Controller tab, disable the option Accept Standard Controllers for Volume and Pan.
You can alternatively configure your host sequencer not to send the standard MIDI commands CC7 and CC10 when pressing play or pause. To learn how to do so, please consult your host sequencer's documentation.