1. What is the difference between KOMPLETE Updates, Upgrades and Crossgrades?
- Updates, Upgrades and Crossgrades are different software license types. Please read this article for more information.
2. Is KOMPLETE 11 (ULTIMATE) compatible with my operating system?
- You can find all system requirements on this page.
3. Can I use the KOMPLETE 11 (ULTIMATE) hard drive as my sample library drive? Can I run applications or plug-ins directly from that drive?
- The hard drive can only be used to install KOMPLETE 11 (ULTIMATE) on your system. Please read this article for more information.
4. I already have an older version of KOMPLETE installed on my computer. How do I install the update / upgrade?
- You install KOMPLETE 11 (ULTIMATE) with the tool Native Access.
5. Will Native Access install my already installed products again?
- Native Access recognizes the NI products that are already installed on your system and only offers the new products for installation. There will be no multiple versions of the same product.
6. Do I have to uninstall older major product versions or will they be replaced?
- You do not have to uninstall older major product versions. The new version will be installed in addition to the existing one. Example: if KONTAKT 4 is already installed on your system, KONTAKT 5 will not replace KONTAKT 4 and will be installed side-by-side. This way you can still use sequencer projects that contain instances of KONTAKT 4.
7. Can I uninstall older major product versions?
- If you do not need the older major product version (e.g. KONTAKT 4) and only want to use the new one (e.g. KONTAKT 5), you can uninstall the older version. These articles show how to uninstall NI products on Mac and PC. Please be aware that you won't be able to use sequencer projects that still contain the old major version, after you uninstalled it.
8. Will my sequencer projects be affected by the update process?
- If you are still working on projects that contain older major product versions (like BATTERY 3, KONTAKT 4, etc.), do not uninstall the old versions. The new versions will not replace the old versions and will be installed side-by-side. In this manner you can still open sequencer projects that contain instances of the old product version.
9. There is not enough drive space on my computer. How do I install KOMPLETE 11 (ULTIMATE)?
- You can choose the products that you want to install in Native Access. You do not have to install all products at once.
- It is recommended to install the content, like KONTAKT Libraries, on an external hard drive. These libraries require most of the drive space of KOMPLETE. To do so, please specify the content location in Native Access as shown in this article.
10. I want to install the KOMPLETE 11 (ULTIMATE) Update or Upgrade on a new system. Do I have to install my older KOMPLETE bundles first?
- You do not have to install the older KOMPLETE bundles. You can directly install KOMPLETE 11 (ULTIMATE) with Native Access.