Note: If you are on Mac OS X 10.10 (and higher) or Windows 7 (and higher), you can also use the Relocate function in Native Access as explained in this article.
If you have moved the folder containing a REAKTOR product (Library or Instrument) after its original installation, the corresponding Ensemble will not appear in the REAKTOR Browser.
To solve this issue, you can move the containing folder back to its initial location. Alternatively, you can relocate the REAKTOR product by following below steps. In our example, we are relocating SLOO by Tim Exile.
- Download the file NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.zip attached at the bottom of this article and unzip it.
- Right-click the extracted file NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.exe and choose Run as administrator:
- If a User Account Control window pops up, confirm with Yes.
- Select the product that is causing issues, e.g. SLOO and click Remove selected product:
- Confirm with OK to start the process.
- Launch Native Access.
- The missing product now appears in the Not Installed tab.
- Click the ADD LIBRARY button next to the product you want to relocate.
- In the next window, click BROWSE.
- Navigate to the folder's new location, select the folder and click Select Folder.
- Click the INSTALL button to relocate the product.
- When the relocation process is finished, the product is marked in green as INSTALLED in Native Access. It will now show up in the REAKTOR Browser as expected.