Every time you start the KOMPLETE KONTROL software with a KOMPLETE KONTROL MK2 keyboard connected, the software checks for available firmware updates and informs you if a new version is available. We highly recommend to always upgrade to a new firmware, since these updates improve many aspects of the device, including performance and compatibility.
If you receive the following message, follow the steps below:
1. Click the UPGRADE button.
2. Download the file KKSM2_FWUpdater_XXX_Mac.zip to your computer.
4. Close your web browser.
3. Unzip the downloaded file and run the extracted 'Updater' application.
4. The updater shows the Installed Firmware version and the Newest Firmware version. Click the UPDATE button.
5. The firmware of your keyboard is now being updated.
IMPORTANT: Please read the following:
- This process can take up to 2 minutes.
- Do not turn off the controller.
- Do not disconnect the USBncable.
- If you're using a power supply, do not unplug it.
- Don't panic if the screens turn black - this is part of the process.
6. After the firmware has been updated, click FINISH to close the application.
What to do if the Update Failed
If you accidentally turned off the controller or unplugged the USB cable or power supply during the update process, the firmware update will fail. In this case follow these steps:
1. Connect the USB cable or the power supply.
2. Turn the device on.
3. Wait for two to three minutes. The former firmware will be recovered in the background. After the process, the screens on your controller will display the KOMPLETE KONTROL logo again.
Now you can restart the Updater to finish the firmware update.