This article provides an overview of the second-generation KOMPLETE KONTROL MK2 keyboard's integration features in supported host applications.
Learn more about the configuration steps required for KOMPLETE KONTROL integration here:
- Setting Up Ableton Live for KOMPLETE KONTROL
- Setting Up Apple Logic X for KOMPLETE KONTROL
- Setting Up Apple Garageband for KOMPLETE KONTROL
- Setting Up Cubase Artist/Pro or Nuendo for KOMPLETE KONTROL
- Setting Up other DAWs using MCU Protocol for KOMPLETE KONTROL
Note: Advanced KOMPLETE KONTROL integration is also possible with PreSonus Studio One. Please check the KOMPLETE KONTROL manual for more details.
Advanced Integration of KOMPLETE KONTROL MK2
- Ableton Live (version 9.2.3 or higher)
- Logic X (version 10.3.1 or higher)
- Garageband (version 10.2.0 or higher)
- Cubase Artist/Pro (version 8.5 or higher)
- Nuendo (version 7.1 or higher)
The advanced integration of KOMPLETE KONTROL MK2 offers the following functionalities in the host applications listed above:
|Transport Control||Play, Stop, Pause, etc.|
|Track Selection||Previous / next track or region|
|Edit Functions||Undo / Redo|
|Automatic Track Focus||Hardware remains mapped to the plug-in instance currently on focus|
- The track in focus is automatically armed for recording. This is required to route the MIDI notes from the hardware's keybed to the currently selected plug-in instance.
- If the selected track contains a third-party plug-in instead of KOMPLETE KONTROL, the hardware automatically switches to MIDI mode.
- The INSTANCE button on the hardware will not be active when advanced integration is engaged. In this case, switching between the KOMPLETE KONTROL instances is handled by the automatic track focus.
Integration with Hosts using MCU Protocol
You can use the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 in any DAW which supports the MCU (Mackie Control Universal) protocol. In this case, the host integration functionality is limited. Setting up KOMPLETE KONTROL in DAWs supporting MCU differs with each DAW. For more information on setting up controllers with MCU, refer to the documentation of your DAW.
The following table provides you with the basic transport controls supported with MCU:
Full KOMPLETE KONTROL plug-in control (including Browser, Native Map, Light Guide and the perform features) is available in any host software which supports the available plug-in formats:
- macOS: VST 64-Bit, AU 64-Bit, AAX 64-Bit
- Windows: VST 32 and 64-Bit, AAX 32 and 64-Bit
Note: Automatic track focus is not supported with MCU. However, you can press the INSTANCE button on your KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboard to call up a dialog in the displays to switch between all loaded instances of the plug-in.