Note: This feature is available on Mac OS X 10.10 (and higher) and Windows 7 (and higher). If you are using Mac OS X 10.9 (or lower), please refer to this article instead.
This article explains how to move a Native Instruments product to another location on your computer. Please note:
- Computers running macOS / Mac OS X have dedicated system folders for VST, AU, AAX or RTAS plug-ins. Do not move your plug-in files to another location as your host sequencer will not be able to detect them.
- If you want to learn more about VST plug-in administration on Windows computers, watch this video.
- Move your NI product to its new location.
- Launch Native Access.
- Go to the Installed products tab. The product you moved is marked with a yellow REPAIR label.
- Click on REPAIR and select RELOCATE in the drop-down menu.
- In the Relocate window Native Access lists the old location of your NI product and notifies you it is invalid. Click BROWSE next to the product you have moved.
- Browse to your product's new location, select its folder and click Open.
- The Relocate window now lists your product's new location path. Click the RELOCATE button.
- Your installation is now repaired. Your NI product appears as correctly installed in Native Access.