Note: This feature is available on Mac OS X 10.10 (and higher) and Windows 7 (and higher). If you are using Mac OS X 10.9 (or lower), please refer to this article instead.
This article explains how to move a Native Instruments product to another location on your computer. When deciding whether to move an NI product, please consider the following:
- It's not recommended to move your Native Instruments standalone apps after installation, as this can lead to various problems such as failed updates.
- Computers running macOS use dedicated system folders for VST, AU, and AAX (or RTAS) plug-ins. You should not move your plug-in files to another location on a Mac, as your DAW will not be able to detect them.
- Windows users have the option to move and consolidate VST plug-ins. To learn more, see this video to walk through the process.
Please follow these steps to move and re-locate your NI Library content such as Expansions or Sample Library folders:
- Move your NI product to its new location.
- Launch Native Access.
- Go to the Installed products tab. The product you moved is marked with a yellow REPAIR label.
- Click on REPAIR and select RELOCATE in the drop-down menu.
- In the Relocate window Native Access lists the old location of your NI product and notifies you it is invalid. Click BROWSE next to the product you have moved.
- Browse to your product's new location, select its folder and click Open.
- The Relocate window now lists your product's new location path. Click the RELOCATE button.
- Your installation is now repaired. Your NI product appears as correctly installed in Native Access.