When attempting to install any product from the KOMPLETE (ULTIMATE) hard drive, Native Access displays the following error message:
Installing *product name* failed: Error while mounting disk image
The Windows 10 Update (Fall Creators- Version 1709) from October 2017 introduced an issue whereby it was not possible to mount disk images from exFAT formatted drives, such as the KOMPLETE (ULTIMATE) hard drive. Please contact Microsoft support to obtain more information.
Note: The solutions below apply to failed installations from the KOMPLETE (ULTIMATE) hard drive. If you receive this error when installing from a download, please check points 1 and 3.
There are four solutions:
1. Windows Updates
The installation of the KB4497935 update is reported to have solved the issue mentioned in the cause above. Ensure that your Windows system is up to date. This article from Microsoft explains how to check for updates.
2. Installing the Product as Download
Note: This solution is recommended for users with a fast internet connection.
- Close Native Access.
- Safely eject the KOMPLETE (ULTIMATE) hard drive from your system.
- Restart Native Access and go to the Not installed tab. The hard drive icon next to the file size for each KOMPLETE product entry has disappeared, indicating that the products can only be installed via download.
- Click on INSTALL to begin the installation of the corresponding KOMPLETE product via download. In the below example we are installing Absynth 5.
3. Repairing the Filter Settings of your DVD Drive
In some cases the mounting process is blocked, because the mounted DVD is not listed correctly in your computer. Please follow the resolution in this Microsoft article.
Note: The Microsoft article is addressing users of Windows Vista, but the resolution works for current Windows versions as well.
4. Installing the Product Manually from the ISO File
Note: The .iso filenames are encrypted so that the corresponding KOMPLETE product cannot be identified before mounting the file. This means you might have to repeat the following procedure to find the installer for a specific product.
- Make sure to set your Explorer options to display all hidden files and folders as explained in this article.
- In the Explorer, double-click the Komplete drive to open its contents.
- Open the data folder.
- The data folder contains .iso files. Each of these files stands for the installer of a KOMPLETE product. Right-click the ISO-file and choose Open with > Windows Explorer.
If the file shows the installers of the product you wish to install, continue with step 5, otherwise repeat the steps above with the next ISO file until you find the product you wish to install.
- Copy the ISO file to your desktop. Again right-click the ISO-file and choose Open with > Windows Explorer. In the Explorer window, double-click the .exe file (Windows). In the example below we are running the Windows installer for Absynth 5. Follow the steps of the Install Wizard to successfully install the product.
After installation, the product will show up in the Installed products tab of Native Access.