When attempting to INSTALL any product from the KOMPLETE 11 (ULTIMATE) hard drive, Native Access displays the following error message:
Installing *product name* failed: Error while mounting disk image
The latest Windows 10 Update (Fall Creators- Version 1709) introduces an issue whereby it is not possible to mount disk images from exFAT formatted drives, such as the KOMPLETE 11 ULTIMATE hard drive. Please contact Microsoft support to obtain more information.
There are two solutions:
1. Installing the Product as Download
Note: This solution is recommended for users with a fast internet connection.
- Close Native Access.
- Safely eject the KOMPLETE 11 (ULTIMATE) hard drive from your system.
- Restart Native Access and go to the Not installed tab. The hard drive icon next to the file size for each KOMPLETE product entry has disappeared, indicating that the products can only be installed via download.
- Click on INSTALL to begin the installation of the corresponding KOMPLETE product via download. In the below example we are installing Absynth 5.
2. Installing the Product Manually from the ISO File
Note: The .iso filenames are encrypted so that the corresponding KOMPLETE product cannot be identified before mounting the file. This means you might have to repeat the following procedure to find the installer for a specific product. If you need assistance identifying to which product each file belongs to, please contact our technical support staff via our contact form.
- Make sure to set your Explorer options to display all hidden files and folders as explained in this article.
- In the Explorer, double-click the Komplete drive to open its contents.
- Open the data folder.
- The data folder contains .iso files. Each of this files stands for the installer of a KOMPLETE product. Copy one of these .iso files to the Desktop (the copying process may take a while).
- Right-click the copied ISO-file and choose Open with > Windows Explorer.
If the file shows the installers of the product you wish to install, continue with step 6, otherwise skip to step 7.
- In the Explorer window, double-click the .exe file (Windows). In the example below we are running the Windows installer for Absynth 5. Follow the steps of the Install Wizard to succesfully install the product. After installation, it will show up in the Installed products tab of Native Access.
- Right-click on the drive of the ISO file (Absynth 5 in our example) and choose Eject to unmount the ISO disk image.
- Right-click on the .iso file on the Desktop and Delete it.