This article provides information about the compatibility of Native Instruments hardware products with macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), macOS 10.14 (Mojave), and macOS 10.15 (Catalina) operating systems. For compatibility information with earlier OS X systems, read this article.
- Only current generation class-compliant devices are supported in macOS systems. These devices do not require a driver installation and work simply by connecting them to the computer.
- If a device is not listed below, this means it is not supported by the above mentioned macOS systems.
- Most of the hardware products listed below offer a Device Updater to update the firmware installed on your device. We strongly recommend to download and install the latest Device Updater from our Drivers & Other Files page in order to avoid possible functionality issues. Read more about updating the firmware of your device in this article.
macOS 10.15 terminates the operability of some NI legacy hardware. This includes MASCHINE MK1, MASCHINE MIKRO MK1, TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 / 4 / 8 DJ, TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 MK1, and TRAKTOR S2 / S4 / X1 MK1.
The workaround for macOS 10.12 - 10.14 (as described in this article) does not work on macOS 10.15. If you still want to use these legacy devices, you can only do so on a compatible OS.
macOS Compatible NI Devices
- KOMPLETE AUDIO Series Interfaces
- KOMPLETE KONTROL A-Series Keyboards
- KOMPLETE KONTROL M32
- KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series Keyboards
- MASCHINE JAM
- MASCHINE MK2
- MASCHINE MIKRO MK2
- MASCHINE MK3
- MASCHINE MIKRO MK3
- MASCHINE STUDIO
*MASCHINE+ requires macOS Mojave (10.14) and higher.
- TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 MK2
- TRAKTOR AUDIO 6/10
- TRAKTOR KONTROL D2
- TRAKTOR KONTROL F1
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 MK2
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 MK3
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S3
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK2
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK3
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S5
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S8
- TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 MK2
- TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1
- TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2*
*In order to use your Z2 on macOS Catalina (10.15), please ensure your macOS is updated to version 10.15.4 or higher.