When you configure MASCHINE 2 to work along with TRAKTOR in Internal Mixing Mode, it is useful to route the output of MASCHINE 2 into a TRAKTOR Deck. This way you can apply TRAKTOR's effects to your MASCHINE 2 sounds and record your entire performance including MASCHINE 2 with TRAKTOR's Mix Recorder.
Note that in order to accomplish this setup, you need to route the output of MASCHINE 2 from an additional audio interface into a free input of the audio interface you are using in TRAKTOR.
In this example, we will be using KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 as the MASCHINE 2 audio interface and TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 as the TRAKTOR audio interface.
Note: You may find it practical to use your built-in computer soundcard to output the sound of MASCHINE 2 into an input of your TRAKTOR soundcard. However, it is advised to use a professional audio interface to ensure higher-performing, latency-free audio streaming.
Configuring the Audio Output in MASCHINE 2
- In MASCHINE 2, go to Preferences > Audio from the menu bar.
- Under Routings > Output, assign a free (stereo) output channel of your audio interface for MASCHINE Out 1 L and MASCHINE Out 1 R. In this example we are assigning Main Output L and Main Output R of the KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 audio interface.
Note: You can also only route the output of specific Groups or Sounds. This can be configured in the Output section of the corresponding Group or Sound. Please consult your MASCHINE 2 documentation to learn more about this.
Routing the Audio Input in TRAKTOR
- Connect the Output channel of the audio interface you configured in MASCHINE 2 with a free input channel of the audio interface you will use with TRAKTOR. In this example, we will connect the Main Output of the KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 with the Input Channel A of the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4, making sure that the switch next to the input channel is set to LINE, not PHONO.
- In TRAKTOR Preferences > Input Routing, assign the input channel to which you connected both audio interfaces to a free Input Deck in TRAKTOR. In our example, we are assigning Channel A left and Channel A Right of the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 to Input Deck C.
- In Preferences > Decks Layout, switch the Deck Flavor for Deck C to Live Input.
Now the sound coming from MASCHINE 2 will be routed directly into Deck C of TRAKTOR. You can control it with the corresponding volume fader, EQ, filter and add effects just like you would with a normal Track Deck.