Since BATTERY 4.2.1 it is possible to batch resave BATTERY 3 kits to the new BATTERY 4 format. This feature makes BATTERY 3 content available for selection in the BATTERY 4 as well as in the MASCHINE 2 Browser. To import BATTERY 3 kits into BATTERY 4 follow the steps below:
Important Note: If you wish to continue using the Battery 3 Library within BATTERY 3 it is necessary to make a copy of the Library before converting it to the new BATTERY 4 format. This is very important as converting your Battery 3 Library to the BATTERY 4 format will break compatibility between the Battery 3 Library and BATTERY 3. This library copy can be used exclusively with BATTERY 3.
- Launch BATTERY 4 and select Tools > Batch Resave... from the toolbar.
- A new window will open. Select the Battery 3 Library folder on your hard drive and click Choose.
- A new dialog window will open. If you have already created a backup of the Battery 3 Library it is safe to click Yes.
- BATTERY 4 will begin searching for any missing BATTERY 3 samples. This may take a while. If BATTERY 4 notices any missing samples a dialog window will open allowing you to relocate them.
Select Point to Folder to manually select the Battery 3 Library folder. It may take some time while BATTERY 4 resolves all the missing sample paths. After this is complete BATTERY 4 will begin Resaving kits...
- After the resaving process is complete go to the BATTERY 4 browser and click the Files tab.
- Locate the Battery 3 Library folder via the Files browser. Your BATTERY 3 Kits will now available for selection. To access your BATTERY 3 content via the main Library tab under User content select the Battery 3 Library folder and click Import.
You BATTERY 3 Kits will now be available in the BATTERY 4 Browser under User content: