Native Instruments strongly discourages from using registry cleaning utilities under Windows or property list cleaning utilities under Mac, unless you are aware of what these utilities exactly do. These programs use routines which can damage your system or installed applications by deleting important data used by your applications or operating system. With Native Instruments products, the use of registry or property list cleaning utilities can cause the following issues:
- Product activation impossible
- Product unexpectedly starts in demo mode
- Product installation impossible
- Product update installation impossible
- Product does not show up in Service Center
- Product update is not shown in Service Center
- Improper product functionality (product cannot be started, plug-in cannot be loaded in host, etc.)
Microsoft does not support the use of registry cleaners. Please read this quote from the Microsoft Support Policy for the Use of Registry Cleaning Utilities:
"Some products such as registry cleaning utilities suggest that the registry needs regular maintenance or cleaning. However, serious issues can occur when you modify the registry incorrectly using these types of utilities. These issues might require users to reinstall the operating system due to instability. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved without a reinstallation of the Operating System as the extent of the changes made by registry cleaning utilities varies from application to application."
Note: For more information about the Microsoft support policy for the use of registry cleaning utilities, please read this article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.