Native Instruments introduces Usage Data Tracking technology which enables the NI application to automatically track anonymous usage data that you can choose to share with us.
We encourage all users to keep Data Tracking enabled as it provides a valuable tool for understanding the performance of Native Instruments applications when they are used in real life situations.
How Can I Benefit from Usage Data Tracking?
Native Instruments conducts systematic tests in order ensure the quality and stability of all products. However, it is impossible to test on all computer setups (consumer market or self-assembled). The data gathered by Usage Data Tracking helps identify certain configurations where installing or operating our software may pose technical issues. By enabling the collecting of data, Native Instruments will be able to identify and fix these issues faster and more efficiently.
Understanding Use Cases
Knowledge about computer systems and external hardware used with our applications will allow Native Instruments to identify common setups and usability issues, leading to better product development. By sharing your usage data, you ensure your specific usecase is strengthened within our product portfolio.
What Type of Data is Being Tracked?
Data Being Tracked
The following data will be transmitted by Usage Data Tracking:
- System profile
- Current location (country and city)
- Data about your interaction with the software (e.g. actions you perform or audio interfaces you connect)
Data Not Being Tracked
The following data will not be gathered by Usage Data Tracking:
- Personal data (Name, email address, payment details, serial numbers, etc.)
- User content (file names being referenced, samples, songs, tags, comments, mappings etc.)
- Any user activity outside of the NI application
How Can I Disable / Enable Usage Data Tracking?
Usage Data Tracking can be disabled / enabled at any time, allowing you to decide exactly when you wish to share anonymous data. To change the setting in Native Access, follow the steps below:
- Open Native Access.
- Click the User-icon in the upper right and choose Preferences.
- Under Settings, the option Yes, enable usage data tracking can be enabled or disabled.
To enable or disable Usage Data Tracking in other NI applications, navigate to the preferences of that application. For example in MASCHINE:
- Navigate to File > Preferences > General.
- The option to enable or disable the Usage Data Tracking can be found at the bottom of the preferences page:
Note: Usage Data Tracking technology is enabled / disabled on each individual computer. This means that if you use the NI application on more than one computer, disabling / enabling Data Tracking will not automatically disable / enable Data Tracking on the other computer.