After updating to KOMPLETE KONTROL 1.5.0 / MASCHINE 2.4.0, you may receive the following error message when trying to load a plug-in or a preset from the Browser: Loading Issue. Appropriate Plug-in was not found.
To solve the issue, start KOMPLETE KONTROL / MASCHINE 2 in standalone mode once before using it as a plug-in within your host sequencer. The standalone version is located in the following directory on your hard drive:
- OS X: Mac OS X > Applications > Native Instruments > Komplete Kontrol / Maschine 2
- Windows: C: > Program files > Native Instruments > Komplete Kontrol / Maschine 2
If this does not solve your issue, try one of the following:
- Reinitialize the KOMPLETE KONTROL / MASCHINE 2 Database
- Add your custom plug-in Paths to KOMPLETE KONTROL / MASCHINE 2 (Windows only)
Reinitialize the KOMPLETE KONTROL / MASCHINE 2 Database
To reinitialize the KOMPLETE KONTROL or MASCHINE 2 database, click on your product's name below and follow the steps presented in the linked article:
Add Your Custom Plug-in Paths to KOMPLETE KONTROL / MASCHINE 2 (Windows only)
If you are a Windows user and the problem still persists, you must ensure that the locations where your plug-ins are installed are scanned by KOMPLETE KONTROL / MASCHINE 2. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open KOMPLETE KONTROL / MASCHINE 2 in standalone mode (not as a plug-in).
- Go to Preferences > Plug-ins > Locations.
- Click the Add button.
- Navigate to the folder where your VST Plug-ins are installed. If you are not sure where your NI VST plug-ins are installed, please consult our video on VST Plug-in Administration on Windows Computers.
- Click Choose to add the path.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all of your plug-in locations have been added.
- Click Rescan.