The Direct Thru mode on each of the TRAKTOR AUDIO 6 / 10 input channels is useful for switching over to analog mixing in a hybrid TRAKTOR SCRATCH Timecode setup (e.g. TRAKTOR software mixing and vinyl mixing).
It is also possible to perform analog mixing via the TRAKTOR AUDIO 6 / 10 in Direct Thru mode even without a computer. For this, the use of a power supply is required.
Follow the below steps to learn how to set up your TRAKTOR AUDIO 6 / 10 for Direct Thru in stand-alone mode:
- Make sure that the TRAKTOR AUDIO 6 / 10 is connected to the computer.
- Open the Control Panel of the TRAKTOR AUDIO 6 / 10:
- Mac: Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Instruments > Traktor Audio 6 / 10 Driver > "Traktor Audio 6 / 10 Control Panel"
- Windows: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > Traktor Audio 6 / 10 Driver > "ta6cpl.exe" / "ta10cpl.exe"
- In the Channel Setup menu, switch to the Startup tab.
Note: While the Mac OS X control panel displays only the Channel Setup menu, the Windows control panel displays two additional menus, Audio Settings and Diagnostics. The startup configuration is done in both cases in the Channel Setup menu.
- In the Startup tab, click on the lock symbol to make changes, as indicated already in the control panel. The area around the lock will turn red and two SAVE and CANCEL buttons will appear to the right.
- Now you can select your input mode between Phono and Line (Input Sens) as well as enable / disable Direct Thru (Input Routing) individually for each channel of the TRAKTOR AUDIO 6 / 10. Once you have made the configuration according to your needs, click on SAVE to save the startup configuration (or CANCEL to leave without saving changes).