When trying to open the iTunes node in the TRAKTOR Browser, you may receive the following error message in TRAKTOR's Status Bar: Could not find iTunes library !
There can be two reasons for this:
- TRAKTOR cannot find the iTunes library file in the specified location
- iTunes does not share its XML library file with other applications
TRAKTOR Cannot find the iTunes Library File
TRAKTOR needs to be pointed to the file "iTunes Music Library.xml", which iTunes provides in order to enable third-party access to its library. If this file or any aspect of its path is altered, TRAKTOR cannot find it and you will get the error message shown above.
Note: Some versions of iTunes under Mac OS X Lion and Mountain Lion name this file "iTunes Library.xml". More information on this can be found here.
To resolve this, please open the File Management tab in TRAKTOR`s Preferences and click on the exclamation mark next to the iTunes Music Library path. The default iTunes folder will be opened automatically. It`s located here:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > User > *User Name* > Music > iTunes
- PC: C: > Users > *User Name* > Music > iTunes
Note: If you are not using the default location for your iTunes folder, you can look up the currently used path in the Advanced Preferences of iTunes.
Finally, select the "iTunes Music Library.xml" (or "iTunes Library.xml", if existent);and click Open. You now can access the iTunes Library from the TRAKTOR Browser again.
iTunes does not share its XML library file with other applications
If iTunes does not share its iTunes Library XML file with other applications, you will also not be able to access the iTunes node in TRAKTOR's Browser. To solve this issue, do the following:
- Open the iTunes Preferences... from the iTunes menu bar.
- Go to the Advanced Preferences tab, and check the Share iTunes Library XML with other applications option.