This article provides solutions for issues you may be experiencing with the jog wheel functionality on the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 / S2 controller.
Note: If the top plate of your jog wheel is loose or has come off, jump directly to this chapter.
- The playback does not scratch when moving the jog wheel back and forth.
- The Deck playback starts or stop randomly by itself.
- The Deck playback does not stop when pushing down the top plate of the jog wheel.
- The LOAD button next to the jog wheel is blinking.
Apply the following solutions one by one until the issue has been resolved:
1. Adjusting the Jog Wheel Preferences
Go to TRAKTOR Preferences > Traktor Kontrol S4 / S2 and deactivate the option Disable Jog Wheel Push.
2. Jog Wheel Calibration
Please follow the below steps for your specific controller model. The jog wheel plates on the MK1 models are black and plastic, as opposed to the metallic appearance on the MK2 models.
2.1. Jog Wheel Calibration (MK1 models)
Your jog wheel(s) must be calibrated when you observe a combination of the symptoms described above.
- Make sure your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 / S2 is powered up and then launch TRAKTOR.
- Go to TRAKTOR Preferences > Traktor Kontrol S4 / Traktor Kontrol S2.
- Next to Jogwheel, press Relicabrate Left / Recalibrate Right and follow the on-screen instructions to recalibrate the corresponding jog wheel. You can find an overview of the recalibration routine in the document attached at the bottom of this article.
2.2. Jog Wheel Calibration (MK2 models)
On the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 / S2 MK2 you can automatically calibrate the jog wheels by simply holding the corresponding LOAD button for 2 seconds.
In some cases the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 / S2 jog wheel plate may be loose or it may have come off its base entirely. To reattach a jog wheel plate to its base, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the tabs on the bottom of the jog wheel plate are alligned with the clips on the jog wheel base.
- Push down the plate gently onto the base with one hand while holding the base firmly with the other hand.
- While applying pressure, turn the plate counter-clockwise until you hear a 'click'.
The jog wheel now rests firmly on its base. You can watch this tutorial video for a visual demonstration of the attachment process.