If your audio interface does not appear in the Audio Device list in the Audio Setup menu of the TRAKTOR Preferences, you may be using a 32-bit audio interface driver in a 64-bit version of TRAKTOR.
Since TRAKTOR 2.8.0, the software starts automatically in 64-bit mode if you use a 64-bit Windows systems. 64-bit versions of the software are not compatible with 32-bit audio interface drivers.
There are two ways to solve this compatibility issue:
- Go to your audio interfaces manufacturer's website and check if a 64-bit version of the driver is available. If so, download and install it.
- If your audio interface's driver is only available in 32-bit, you can start the 32-bit version of TRAKTOR. On Windows 64-bit systems, TRAKTOR is automatically installed in both its 32-bit and 64-bit versions under the following paths:
- 32-bit: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > Traktor 2 > x86 >"Traktor.exe"
- 64-bit: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > Traktor 2 > "Traktor.exe"
In order to run the 32-bit version of TRAKTOR, please do the following:
- Rename the "Traktor.exe" found in the Traktor 2 folder to "Traktor 64.exe". This will be your backup 64-bit application.
- Go to the x86 folder and move the 32-bit "Traktor.exe" file to the Traktor 2 folder. Now your Traktor 2 folder should contain both files "Traktor 64.exe" (64-bit) and "Traktor.exe" (32-bit).
Now you can launch "Traktor.exe" which will be the 32-bit version of TRAKTOR. You may also create a Desktop shortcut for quick access.