If no presets are present in the GUITAR RIG browser, carry out the steps below to restore them:
Note: See this article, if having this issue with GUITAR RIG 6.
Update GUITAR RIG
Make sure the latest GUITAR RIG 5 version is installed on your computer. It can be downloaded with Native Access or from the Updates section on the Native Instruments website.
- Launch GUITAR RIG
- Click the Options tab
- Click the Reset button in the Reset Database section:
- Close Guitar Rig
Delete User Preferences
- Close GUITAR RIG
- Open the following directory: Macintosh HD > Users > *User Name* > Library > Preferences
- Delete the file "com.native-instruments.Guitar Rig 5.plist"
- Start Guitar Rig
The browser now displays the presets
Note: Since Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on the task bar entry Go and press down the Alt key. The Library entry will become visible in the drop-down menu and can now be selected.
- Open the Windows Start menu
- Enter "regedit" into the search window and press Enter on your keyboard. This will open the Windows Registry
- In the Registry, open the following directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Native Instruments
- Delete the folder entry Guitar Rig 5
- Close the Registry
- Start Guitar Rig.
The browser now displays the presets.