- Unplug any other USB devices that may be connected, except for keyboard and mouse.
- Make sure that you are connecting the drive to actual USB ports on your computer itself, rather than a USB hub, your Apple keyboard/monitor or other external USB port.
- If you have to use a hub, make sure that it has its own dedicated power supply.
- If it is still not recognized, try a different USB cable if available.
- You may also want to check if the hard drive is recognized on a different computer to find out if you have to alter the settings for energy saving or have to update your USB driver.
Note: You can find more information on optimizing your computer's settings in the Related Articles section below.
- Tools that are enabling your Mac to fully manage NTFS harddrives are not supported. In case you have installed a NTFS tool, uninstall it and restart your computer, before you connect your KOMPLETE ULTIMATE hard drive. After the installation process you can re-install the NTFS tool again.
The most likely reason that the KOMPLETE ULTIMATE hard drive may not be recognized is due to a lack of sufficient power via the USB connection. In order to provide the hard drive with enough power, please try the following: