The MASCHINE 1 software crashes or freezes at startup.
In the MASCHINE Preferences, you can set paths to define the location of your VST plug-ins. If you set this path to the root directory of your hard drive (e.g. "C:\") or to a folder that is not only containing VST plug-ins, the MASCHINE software can crash or freeze.
- Install MASCHINE 1.8.2, which is the last MASCHINE 1 update. Click here to download the MASCHINE 1.8.2 installer.
- Start the MASCHINE software. If the issue persists, continue:
- Activate "Show hidden files" in the options of Windows Explorer, as explained in this article.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to:
C: > Users > *User Name* > AppData > Local > Native Instruments > Maschine
- Delete the files Plugins_ia32.xml and Plugins_x64.xml.
- Start the MASCHINE software and open Preferences > Plug-ins > Locations.
- Click ADD and navigate to your VST plug-in folder. If you are using the 32-bit version of MASCHINE, choose the folder of your 32-bit VST plug-ins. If you are using the 64-bit version of MASCHINE, choose your 64-bit VST plug-in folder. The default locations for Native Instruments' VST plug-ins are:
- 32-bit: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > VSTPlugins 32 bit
- 64-bit: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > VSTPlugins 64 bit
- Confirm with OK to start the scan of your VST plug-ins.