In some cases it may be necessary to rebuild your sound database within ABSYNTH 5, MASSIVE or FM8. To do this please follow the steps below:
- Launch ABSYNTH 5, MASSIVE or FM8 in standalone mode and select File > Options from the toolbar.
- In the Options menu, switch to the Browser tab (ABSYNTH, MASSIVE) or Database tab (FM8).
- Click the button labelled Rebuild DB to begin rescanning the sound database.
- Rebuilding the database in ABSYNTH 5
- Rebuilding the database in MASSIVE
- Rebuilding the database in FM8
The database will be scanned in a background process while you can continue to work with the instrument. Once this is complete, your factory presets will appear in your Browser area as well as the preset drop-down menu.