The following article explains how to set up Steinberg Cubase Artist/Pro and Nuendo for the KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboards. This will enable you to use advanced host integration features like transport control, track selection and automatic track focus.
- Cubase Artist / Pro 8.5 (or higher) or Nuendo 7.1 (or higher)
- KOMPLETE KONTROL Software (latest version)
- Connect your keyboard and switch it on.
- Start Cubase / Nuendo.
- Navigate to Studio > Studio Setup.
(If using Cubase 8.5, navigate to Devices > Device Setup).
- Click the "+" button in the upper left:
- Select your keyboard from the list:
- Set MIDI Input and MIDI Output to "*Your Keyboard* DAW".
In the example below we are using the Komplete Kontrol M32 on a Mac. Therefore, we must choose Komplete Kontrol M DAW:
Here is an example of Komplete Kontrol M32 on Windows:
Your KOMPLETE KONTROL Keyboard is now configured for advanced host integration in Cubase / Nuendo. The main transport functions of the keyboard are listed below:
|STOP||Stop playback / recording|
|SHIFT + REC||Toggle Count-in On / Off|
|LOOP||Toggle Loop Mode On / Off|
|LOOP + Main Rotary Encoder||Move loop in one bar increments|
For a detailed list of all controls and functions, please consult your keyboard's manual. You can find the list in chapter "Host Integration":