The following article explains how to set up Steinberg Cubase / Nuendo for the KOMPLETE KONTROL S- Series keyboard. This will enable you to use advanced host integration features like transport control, track selection and automatic track focus.
Click on one of the chapters below to jump to the corresponding section:
- Cubase 8.5 (or higher) / Nuendo 7.1 (or higher)
- KOMPLETE KONTROL MK2 keyboard: KOMPLETE KONTROL software 1.9.2. (or higher).
- KOMPLETE KONTROL MK1 keyboard: KOMPLETE KONTROL software 1.7.0. (or higher).
To set up Cubase / Nuendo for KOMPLETE KONTROL, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your KOMPLETE KONTROL Keyboard is connected and powered on.
- Start Cubase / Nuendo and create or open a project.
Your KOMPLETE KONTROL Keyboard is now automatically configured for advanced host integration in Cubase or Nuendo.
Should you experience any issues with the host integration features, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Click on Devices in the menu bar and choose Device Setup... (Cubase 9.5: Studio > Studio Setup).
If you have previously configured your KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard as a Mackie Control Device, select Mackie Control in the Devices list and click the - (minus) icon in the upper left corner of the Device Setup window to remove the device. Otherwise you can skip this step.
If Komplete Kontrol S-Series is not listed in the Devices list, click the + (plus) symbol in the upper left corner of the Device Setup window and select Komplete Kontrol S-Series from the drop-down menu. This will add a Komplete Kontrol S-Series entry in the Devices list.
- Ensure that both MIDI Input and MIDI Output are set to Komplete Kontrol DAW (Mac) / KOMPLETE KONTROL (Windows).
- Click the OK button in the lower part of the window to apply the changes and close the Device Setup window.
Note: For a detailed overview on all supported controls, consult chapter 9.3 Integration with Steinberg / Nuendo of the KOMPLETE KONTROL user manual.
|PLAY||Start / Pause Playback|
|SHIFT + REC||Toggle Count-in On / Off|
|LOOP||Turn Cycle On / Off|
|LOOP + Main Rotary Encoder||Move the Cycle by its own length|