This article explains the necessary steps to import BATTERY Kits to the User Library. This way you will be able to load them from the User Library section of the Browser.
- Locate the BATTERY Kits you wish to import to your User Library on your hard drive.
- Right-click on the folder containing the .nbkt Kit file and its associated samples folder, and copy this folder to your clipboard. In our example we are copying the whole Soundhunter Battery Kits folder, which we had previously downloaded. This folder contains five .nbkt Kit files and their associated samples folders.
- Paste the whole Soundhunters Battery Kits folder to the BATTERY User Kits folder, which is located here on your hard drive:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > Users >* Username* > Documents > Native Instruments > Battery 4 > Kits
- Windows: C: > Users >* Username* > My Documents > Native Instruments > Battery 4 > Kits
- Start BATTERY 4 and open the Preferences... from the Menu Bar.
- Go to Library > User. The User Kits folder is listed here by default.
Note: If the User folder is not listed here, use the Add button and navigate to the folder where you have moved your kits to previously.
- Press the Rescan Button at the bottom of the Library tab. Once your User Kits folder have been scanned, close the Preferences window.
- The imported Kits will now appear under Kits in the User Library of the BATTERY Browser. In our example, we can see the five Kits contained in the Soundhunter folder appear in the Browser. Double-click one of them to load it in BATTERY.