In some situations it may be necessary to remove Native Instruments software and drivers from your computer. The Programs and Features utilityin Windows can be used to uninstall programs or to change the program's configuration by adding or removing certain items.
This article will explain how to completely uninstall any Native Instruments software using this utility. The procedure for uninstalling a NI product belonging to a bundle (eg. KOMPLETE) requires additional steps which are explained in the second part of this article.
Uninstalling a Single NI Product
- Right-click the bottom left-hand corner of your Desktop and choose Programs and Features from the appearing menu.
- In the Programs and Features window, select the program you want to remove and click Uninstall. In the example below, we want to uninstall Native Instruments Kontakt 5 from our system. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- In the Maintenance Setup window, select Uninstall and then press Next to proceed.
- Once the uninstallation process is completed, click on the Finish button to close the window.
Uninstalling a NI Product Belonging to a KOMPLETE Bundle
Note: The following procedure only applies to former versions of KOMPLETE (ULTIMATE). If you want to uninstall a NI product belonging to KOMPLETE 11 (ULTIMATE), please refer to the chapter "Uninstalling a Single NI Product" above.
- If you want to uninstall a product belonging to a KOMPLETE bundle do NOT select the individual program uninstallers (eg. MASSIVE or KONTAKT) listed in Programs and Features window. Instead, select the bundle entry (e.g Komplete 9 Ultimate) and click Uninstall.
- A new window will open. Check the Uninstall box and click Next again.
- Check the box next to the product you wish to uninstall and then click Next to proceed. In this example, we are going to uninstall Massive.
- To confirm and start the uninstallation process click Next.
- The selected program will now be uninstalled from your computer. When this is complete, click Finish to close the window.