This article explains how to configure your Behringer DDM-4000 Audio Mixer as MIDI-controller in TRAKTOR.
First, refer to the Behringer Manual section 7: The DDM-4000 as MIDI Controller. The DDM-4000 has no USB connection, which means that you will have to connect the DDM-4000 with a MIDI cable to your MIDI interface or Audio Interface with a MIDI connection. Only then will TRAKTOR be able to receive MIDI from the DDM-4000.
After successfully establishing the physical MIDI connection, proceed with the below steps to configure the software:
- Start TRAKTOR and choose Start Setup Wizard from the Help Menu.
- In the Setup Wizard, TRAKTOR will first ask you if you are using a USB/Firewire Controller. Answer Yes, and press on the Next button.
- In the next window, choose "Behringer" as manufacturer and "DDM-4000" as model. Press Next.
- If you are using a Scratch Version of TRAKTOR, the Setup Wizard will additionally ask you which type of Timecode control you are using. If you are using a non-scratch version of TRAKTOR, you will be asked if you are using a Native Instruments soundcard and which model. Select those fields accordingly to your setup.
- After these steps, the Setup Wizard will give you a short report on your Setup.
- If everything is correct, you can now press Finish to quit the Setup Wizard.
TRAKTOR is now ready to operate with your Behringer DDM-4000 soundcard and MIDI-controller. If you are familiar with the Controller Manager in TRAKTOR and wish to manually add the mapping, find the .tsi file here:
- Mac: User > Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor > Settings > MIDI Mappings > Behringer > Behringer - DDM4000.tsi
- Windows XP: My Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor > Settings > MIDI Mappings > Behringer > Behringer - DDM4000.tsi
- Windows Vista: Documents>Native Instruments>Traktor>Settings>MIDI Mappings>Behringer>Behringer - DDM4000.tsi
Note: In the same folder, you will find a .pdf file named exactly like the .tsi file. It contains a precise description of the MIDI-mapping for your Behringer DDM4000 Audio Mixer.