This setup guide explains how to set up TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO for Timecode control from two external turntables or CD players when using a TRAKTOR KONTROL S4.
- Make sure that TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 is installed and activated on your computer (TRAKTOR PRO 2 does not support Timecode control as explained in this article).
- Connect and power up your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 and then launch TRAKTOR.
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1: Connect your turntables or CD players to the IN 1|2 (INPUT CHANNEL C) and IN 3|4 (INPUT CHANNEL D) channels on the back of the controller.
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK2: Connect your turntables or CD players to the IN 1|2 (INPUT CHANNEL A) and IN 3|4 (INPUT CHANNEL B) channels on the back of the controller.
- Turntables: Set the LINE | PHONO switch next to each input channel to PHONO.
- CD Players: Set the LINE | PHONO switch next to each input channel to LINE.
Note: On the KONTROL S4 MK1, do not connect a microphone to the MIC input next to the input channel D as it will override the already established connection.
- Run the Setup Wizard by clicking on the Setup Wizard button in the lower left corner of the TRAKTOR Preferences. Choose 2 Track Decks (Scratch) when asked for your preferred Deck layout.
- Go to Preferences > Input Routing in and assign the TRAKTOR Decks to the corresponding input channels on your controller.
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1: Set Input Deck A to 1: In: Ch C left and 2: In Ch C right and set Input Deck B to 3: In: Ch D left and 4: In: Ch D right.
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK2: Set Input Deck A to 1: Line/Phono A Left and 2: Line/Phono A Right and set Input Deck B to 3: Line/Phono B Left and 4: Line/Phono B Right.
Now you can close the Preferences.
- Click on the letter of each Deck (A and B) and select Scratch Control from the drop-down menu.
- Enable either Relative Mode or Absolute Mode by clicking on one of the respective symbols below the deck. For more information on this, refer to the chapter 'Tracking Modes' in the Traktor Application Reference Manual.
TRAKTOR is now ready for its use via Timecode control. If timecode control does not work after following the steps above, please consult the chapter 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 Troubleshooting' in the Traktor Application Reference Manual.