The TRAKTOR DJ CABLE can be used with your computer and the TRAKTOR PRO 2 software if desired. This enables you to listen to your cued tracks via headphones while playing your mix out to your speakers, even if you are using the standard built-in stereo audio output of your computer.
Note: This solution will give you a mono mix of your music files on both the left and right channels of your speakers and headphones.
- Connect the TRAKTOR DJ CABLE to the built-in stereo audio output your computer.
- Open TRAKTOR's Preferences and go to the Audio Setup tab.
- Select your computer's built-in soundcard as your Audio Device as shown on the screenshots below.
Note: For better performance on Windows, we recommend to use ASIO4All. This is a generic driver for your internal soundcard optimized for better audio performance. See this video for more information.
- OS X:
- Go to the Output Routing tab and configure the settings as follows. Make sure to enable the Mono checkboxes for both the Output Monitor as well as the Output Master.
- OS X:
- Connect your speakers to the Speaker Output and your headphones to the Headphone Output of the TRAKTOR DJ CABLE.
You can now listen to your cued tracks via headphones while playing your mix out to your speakers.