Since GUITAR RIG 5 the preset database structure has changed. GUITAR RIG 5 uses a tag-based preset browser to facilitate sound administration.
Note: To access a GUITAR RIG 5 preset database with more than one computer, it is recommended to use the GUITAR RIG 5 default installation paths and folders.
First, make sure your different systems fulfill the requirements listed below:
- The same version of GUITAR RIG 5 (eg. GUITAR RIG 5.1.1) must be installed on both computers. Start Native Access or alternatively log into the Native Instruments Website and go to Support > Updates to update to the latest version of your software.
- Both computers must have the same operating system and version installed (eg. OS X Version 10.8.2).
- The name of the system drive must be identical on both machines (eg. Macintosh HD).
- Both computers must have the exact user name. In the below example the user name is 'support'.
Sharing a GUITAR RIG 5 Database with Different Computers
If you have verified that the above criteria applies for both systems, follow the below steps to share a GUITAR RIG 5 database with different computers:
- Copy the folder named "Guitar Rig 5" located under the following path to a USB stick or external hard drive:
Macintosh HD>Users>Username>Library>Application Support>Native Instruments>Guitar Rig 5
- On your second computer, place the folder 'Guitar Rig 5' in exact same location (Macintosh HD > Users > Username > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Guitar Rig 5) so that the folder locations on both computers are identical.
- Copy the GUITAR RIG 5 'Sounds' folder containing your user presets to your second computer (via USB stick or external hard drive). The default installation path of the 'Sounds' folder is:
Macintosh HD > Users > Username > Documents > Native Instruments > Guitar Rig 5 > Sounds
Your custom presets and tags are now available on both computers.