In order to set up KONTAKT 5 as a Multi-Instrument in Logic 9, please follow these instructions:
- Open a a project in Logic, click on Logic's Track tab and select New to open the window displayed below:
- Verify that the option Multi-timbral is ticked. Note that you can select up to 16 channels to be automatically assigned to a multi-instrument track.
- Load KONTAKT 5 as a Multi-Output plug-in in the created instrument track
- After inserting KONTAKT 5 as a plug-in, add some instruments and assign a different MIDI channel per instrument.
- In the Logic arrange window click on the corresponding track of the multi-timbral instrument. In this example, Track 1 is selected:
- Logic automatically assigns one MIDI channel per track if a multi-timbral instrument has been created. Track 1 is assigned to MIDI channel 1, Track 2 to MIDI channel 2 etc
Now depending on which track is selected in the Logic Arrange window, you will be able to play and record different MIDI patterns for each instrument loaded in KONTAKT.