In certain scenarios you may wish to route your samples from BATTERY to separate tracks in your host software. This allows you to apply different send and insert effects or use your host's volume and panorama controls for each drum sound individually. This article will explain how to route BATTERY 3 Cells to separate audio tracks in Ableton Live.
BATTERY 3 Setup
- Load BATTERY 3 as a plug-in in Ableton Live.
- Select a Cell, then click the Cell tab.
- Open the Ch (Channel) menu in the lower right corner and choose the channel you wish to send the drum output to.
Note: by default, all Cells are routed to the Master channels, which means they are played back via the track BATTERY is loaded on. In the example below, the Cell is routed to Channels 3/4.
- Repeat the above step for all Cells you wish to send to separate outputs.
Ableton Live Setup
- In Live, add as many Audio Tracks as you selected stereo outputs in BATTERY.
- Activate the In / Out Section by clicking on the respective button on the right-hand side of Live's visual interface.
- In the Audio From area of an Audio Track, open the upper menu (Ext. In) and choose Battery 3. In the second menu, choose the BATTERY Channel you wish to route through this track. In the Monitor section below, activate the In button to enable permanent monitoring. In our example, the Audio Track will play back BATTERY Channel 3/4.
- Repeat the above step for each BATTERY channel you wish to route to a separate Audio Track.
Now when you trigger a Cell in BATTERY 3, its audio will be played back through its respective audio track in Ableton Live.