In certain scenarios you might want to route your samples from BATTERY to separate tracks in Cubase, for example if you wish to use different effects for each drum or apply the Cubase volume and panorama controls etc..
To do this, configure Cubase and BATTERY as described below.
- Open the VST Instruments rack via the Devices menu in Cubase and load an instance of the BATTERY plug-in.
- In the VST Instrument rack, click the small arrow symbol next to the BATTERY slot to open the output selection menu.
- You will see that the BATTERY Master channel (B3 Master) is active by default. To activate another output, select it from the menu. An new output track will be added in Cubase for each channel you activate. In the below example, we have activated the BATTERY outputs 1 /2 (Master) through 15 / 16:
- Open the BATTERY GUI and load a Kit.
- Select a Cell, then click the Cell tab.
- Open the Ch (Channel) menu in the lower right corner and choose the channel you wish to send the drum to. In the below example we are choosing the Channel 3/4.
Note: by default, all Cells are routed to the Master channels, which means they are played back via the track BATTERY is loaded on.
- Repeat the above step for all Cells you wish to send to separate outputs.
Each Channel is now routed to its corresponding output track in Cubase.