This article describes how to route samples from BATTERY to separate channels in Logic. This can be useful if you wish add different effects for each drum or use the Logic volume and panorama control, etc.
To do this, configure BATTERY and Logic as described below.
- Load a Multi Output plug-in instance of BATTERY on a Software Instrument track in Logic. In this example, we choose Multi Output (16xStereo), so we will have 16 separate BATTERY output channels available.
- Load a Kit in BATTERY and select a Cell, then click the Cell tab. Open the Ch (Channel) menu in the lower right corner and choose the channel you wish to send the drum to. In our example, the Cell is routed to Channel 3/4.
Note: by default, all Cells are routed to the Master channels, which means they are played back via the track BATTERY is loaded on.
- Repeat the above step for all Cells you wish to send to separate outputs.
- Open the Mixer view in Logic.
- Click the + icon on the bottom-right of the BATTERY Instrument track. Every click will add an Aux track. As you can see, the input of each Aux track is automatically assigned to a different BATTERY output channel in ascending order (see screenshot).
Now when you play a Cell in BATTERY, it will be played back through the Aux track its output is assigned to.