This article explains how to configure two Pioneer devices for Advanced HID control. This setup is supported for the following Pioneer models:
- CDJ-900 Nexus
- CDJ-2000 Nexus
- CDJ-2000 Nexus 2
Make sure that you are using TRAKTOR 2.8.0 or higher. If you are using an older version of TRAKTOR PRO 2, please download and install the latest version via Native Access or from the Updates section on the Native Instruments website.
Make sure the latest firmware version is installed on your device. You will find the latest firmware for download in the corresponding product page on the Pioneer website under Support.
- OS X: The Pioneer devices are class-compliant and do not require a driver installation.
- Windows: Download and install the latest driver for your device from the link Driver in the Support section of the product page corresponding to your device.
Note: If your are not using a dedicated audio interface with TRAKTOR (e.g. TRAKTOR AUDIO 6), you can configure two Pioneer devices to act as audio interface in TRAKTOR. Read this article to learn how to configure TRAKTOR for two soundcards. Alternatively you can use the Aggregate Device (OS X) or the ASIO Driver (Windows). Find more information on how to configure one or more Pioneer soundcards by going to the corresponding Pioneer support page and clicking on Support.
Establishing the Advanced HID Connection
First connect a standard USB cable to the USB connector at the back of the Pioneer device and plug it into a free USB port on your system. Then make sure the device has been switched on and start TRAKTOR.
Enabling Advanced HID (CDJ Models Only)
While the XDJ-1000 will only work in Advanced HID mode, your CDJ model may be configured initially to work on normal and not Advanced HID mode. In order to activate Advanced HID, go to the UTILITY settings on your CDJ by pressing and holding the MENU button (located at the upper edge of the device). Set the HID SETTING to ADVANCED as shown in the screenshot below:
Then exit the UTILITY settings by pressing MENU again. You are now ready to establish the connection to TRAKTOR.
Linking your Device to TRAKTOR
- Hit the LINK button on the device located on the upper left area next to the display (CDJ) or on the left side of the touchscreen (XDJ).
- Push down the encoder (turning knob, right of the display) as indicated by the message PUSH TO CONNECT in to activate the USB MIDI control mode.
- A screen showing the TRAKTOR symbol will come up, indicating that the software has been detected. Turn the encoder to enter the TRAKTOR Deck selection.
- Choose one of TRAKTOR's four Decks to be controlled from your device by highlighting it. Push down the encoder to confirm your selection.
Your Pioneer device will now control the TRAKTOR Deck in Advanced HID mode, including access to the Track Collection, Hotcues, Loops, Needle Search and more. You will also find an overview of the functions of your Pioneer device in the corresponding PDF article located here:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Instruments > Traktor 2 > Documentation > Controller Mappings > Pioneer > "*Device name*.pdf"
- Windows: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > Traktor 2 > Documentation > Controller Mappings > Pioneer > "*Device name*.pdf"