Like most professional audio applications, TRAKTOR does not allow to select and use two or more audio interfaces at once. This way various issues concerning the stability and performance can be avoided. Therefore, we recommend using a single audio interface which offers all the inputs and outputs you need for playback, monitoring and recording. Nevertheless, there is a workaround that will allow you to use the inputs and / or outputs of two different audio interfaces within TRAKTOR. Please note that a reliable performance when using this workaround is not guaranteed.
- Close all applications.
- Open the Audio-Midi-Setup from Applications > Utilities.
- Make sure that the Audio Devices window is visible (From the toolbar select Window > Show Audio Devices (OS X 10.9 or lower: Show Audio Window)
- Add a new Aggregate Device by hitting the + button under the audio device list.
- Mark the checkboxes for the audio interfaces you want to make available in TRAKTOR in the Use column.
- You can now close the Audio-Midi-Setup and open TRAKTOR.
- After selecting the newly created Aggregate Device driver as your Audio Device in TRAKTOR`s Audio Setup, all the inputs and outputs of the included audio interfaces are now available in TRAKTOR`s Input Routing and Output Routing.
- Download and install the latest ASIO4ALL driver from http://www.ASIO4ALL.com.
- Open TRAKTOR and select the ASIO4ALL (ASIO) driver under Audio Device in Preferences > Audio Setup.
- Once the driver has been selected, the ASIO4ALL icon will appear on the Desktop's toobar. Click on it to open the settings.
- The ASIO4ALL control panel will list all audio devices currently connected to your system. If a connected device is not showing up, click on the diamond icon. Click on the wrench icon to open the advanced settings where you can adjust the latency. Read this article to learn more about latency.
- Expand the entries of the audio devices you want to use by clicking the small + symbols. Now all individual inputs and outputs are visible.
Note: Disabling inputs or outputs which already have been active may cause crashes with certain audio interfaces. We recommend to not disable any inputs and outputs if your audio interface is affected.
- Enable the inputs and outputs you want to use by clicking the 'power' buttons in front of each entry. Also make sure the respective audio interface is globally activated.
- Close the ASIO4ALL panel and restart TRAKTOR.
- Once TRAKTOR has been restarted, the selected inputs and outputs of both audio interfaces are now available in TRAKTOR`s Input Routing and Output Routing Preferences.