In order to record your mix using the Audio Recorder of TRAKTOR (SCRATCH) PRO while using External Mixer Mode, please do the following:
- Connect the recording output (REC OUT) of your external mixer to Input 7/8 (Channel D) of the AUDIO 8 DJ.
- Make sure the AUDIO 8 DJ is selected as your Audio Device in TRAKTOR's Preferences > Audio Setup.
- Go to Preferences > Input Routing and Set Input Channel D to Input 7 and Input 8.
- In Preferences > Recording, set your Source to Extern and External Input to Channel D. Now you may close the Preferences.
- Open the AUDIO RECORDER Panel in TRAKTOR's Global Section by clicking on the cassette symbol.
- Start the recording by clicking on the record button. To stop the recording and save the audio file, clock the record button again.
The recorded files appear in the Audio Recordings folder of your TRAKTOR Browser and are saved in the following default folder on your hard drive:
- Mac: User > Music > Traktor > Recordings
- Windows: My Documents > MyMusic > Traktor > Recordings
You can change this path under Recording in the TRAKTOR Preferences.