This article explains how to retrieve a backup of your Track Collection in TRAKTOR (including all playlists). This is useful if you accidentally lost your collection data or overwrote the state of your collection and wish to return to its previous state. TRAKTOR creates a backup of your Track Collection each time you close the program. TRAKTOR labels these backups with the precise date and time of their creation.
Follow the below steps to import a backup of your Track Collection to TRAKTOR PRO:
- Right-click on the Track Collection in the Browser-tree and choose Import another Collection.
- Find the backup on your hard drive in your TRAKTOR Root Directory. The default paths are as follows:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > User > *Your Username* > Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor x.x.x > Backup > Collection
- Windows: C: > Users > *Username* > My Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor x.x.x > Backup > Collection
Note: TRAKTOR PRO creates a new Root Directory with every update. The Root Directory folder name always carries the version number of the update it has been created with. This means that you can access your Settings and Collection from previous updates by choosing the Backup files from the Root Directory of the respective version.
- When you have found the right file, select it and click Open. The backup file is named according to the following structure: "Collection*Year*y*Month*m_*Day*d*Hour*h*Minute*m*Second*s.nml". For example, a backup created on December 31st, 2009 at 22:31:32 will be named as follows: "Collection2009y12m31d_22h31m_32s.nml"
- A window will pop up, asking you if you wish to import File tags or Collection tags.
- Collection: Choosing Collection will load and apply the tag data contained in the collection (title, artist, album etc.) to all of your tracks. It's the right choice in order to exactly restore the backup collection, including the tag data in your music files. This will overwrite any changes in your music file tags which have been carried out with another software since the collection backup was saved.
- File: If you are using an external tag editor and have recently edited your tags, choose File in order to keep them. This will load the current state from the tags in the music files into the Track Collection.
- Your backup collection will now be restored. It's recommended to run the Check Consistency function (right-click Track Collection in the Browser tree) afterwards to verify the consistency of your collection. If files are missing, read more about the Relocate functionality in TRAKTOR here.