A product acquired through an Update / Upgrade / Crossgrade is identical to the full version of the same product and offers the same features and functionality as the full version.
The difference lies in its license type, which is dependent on a "qualifying base product" - and the price, since all Updates / Upgrades / Crossgrades are offered with a discount.
In other words: if you already own a qualifying base product, you can purchase the Update / Upgrade / Crossgrade product with a discounted price. Here are some examples:
- Owners of KOMPLETE 2-11 can purchase the discounted 'Update to KOMPLETE 12'.
- Owners of a KOMPLETE 12 Select (that comes e.g. with the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series) can purchase the discounted 'Upgrade to KOMPLETE 12'.
- Owners of an official third-party KONTAKT library can purchase the discounted 'Crossgrade to KONTAKT 6'.
To find out if you qualify for any discounts, log in to our web shop with the exact same email address you used to activate your products. As soon as you visit a pricing page or press the BUY NOW button, our web shop will always suggest the best price and license automatically.
Note: If you want to obtain information about the various license types of a product, you can also choose a license type by clicking the drop-down menu of the product's pricing page to show the list of qualifying base products.
- Do not purchase an Update / Upgrade / Crossgrade, if you do not own the qualifying base product. You will not be able activate and install it.
- You can sell the license for the Update / Upgrade / Crossgrade - but please clarify beforehand that the new user also has to own a qualifying base product in order to activate it.
- If you registered an Update / Upgrade / Crossgrade and sell the qualifying base product, the Update / Upgrade / Crossgrade license becomes inactive - because you need the qualifying base product for the Update / Upgrade / Crossgrade in your account. For instance, if you upgraded KOMPLETE 12 to KOMPLETE 12 ULTIMATE, you cannot remove KOMPLETE 12 from your account without KOMPLETE 12 ULTIMATE becoming invalid.
- You may also purchase a qualifying base product and an Update / Upgrade / Crossgrade in the same order, but as our web shop scans software activation in our database and NOT your shopping cart, you should ignore the warning that "you don´t own a qualifying base product" for the Update / Upgrade / Crossgrade".